Seven top problems with Java – Creating huge commercial applications in Java
1 . The slogan behind java is „write once and run every there ” devalued as Steve Jobs disallowed Java on IPads and IPhones. More and more software users ask: do you have Ipad version of your application. Nowadays pupular slogan becomes: write once run everywhere but not on devices running iOS.
- The second problem is installer. Windows users used to windows installers. Installing Java applications can be as easy as coping a jar file but not for users for whom coping a file is a problem… They want windows installers and for them everything different is so complicated. You can make a windows installer but you lose portability.
- Some time ago when slogan behind java was true It was true for simple apps. It wasn’t quite true for real complicated application with tons of resources, especially when files used national characters and encodings in their names.
- It seems to be much more difficult make a good looking front end in Java.
- Tables in java requires pressing enter to go out form editing mode. For less experienced users sometimes it seems that they just entered something when in fact it turn out, they hadn’t.
- Some older Java apps can be not quite compatible with new Java Runtime environments.
- Heavy memory using application also crash some time due lack of heap memory problems.
The strength of Java is its elegance Runtime Type Identification and automatic memory management For applications that don’t need tons of memory, you don’t need of memory leaks.
Even if Java doesn’t run uner iOS Java beauty is fact that it runs under Unix, Window, Linux and It is free.